Looking great after a night of drinking too much takes some effort. Use these tips to help get you back to your beautiful self.
7. Try Some Sprite
Sprite increases the activity of ALDH. This enzyme helps alleviate the symptoms of a hangover (headache, nausea, sensitivity to light) by turning acetaldehyde into acetate. The acetaldehyde is the culprit behind all of your symptoms. (Soda water and ginger-flavored kombucha work well too!) After you’re feeling better, drink some coffee or tea. These increase the rate that the alcohol is broken down.
6. What Should I Eat?
The chances are that you’ll be craving carbs but opt for foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid acidic and greasy foods.
5. What’s That Smell? It’s Probably You
Unfortunately, alcohol seeps out of your pores and breath. Prepare the next morning as if you’re going out on a date. Scrub, brush and gargle well. Then, apply an extra layer of deodorant and spritz a little extra cologne or perfume. Don’t overdo the scents. Instead, bring the bottle with you and use a bit to freshen up during the day.
4. Wardrobe Matters
- Your mentality is part of the battle. Now is not the time to dress in sweats and a t-shirt. Dress in clean, non-wrinkled clothing.
3. Eye Care
- Put Visine, or some other eye redness relief medicine in your bloodshot eyes. Apply periodically throughout the day
- Under eye care is a necessity: Whether you use wet tea bags or any of a number of eye masks on the market, (Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask, Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Mask), you’ll need to deal with those baggy eyes
2. Skin Care
- After giving your skin a good scrubbing, apply a moisturizer that includes skin-repairing antioxidants. Make sure you apply an ample amount before you go to sleep and a lighter amount in the morning.
- Pair each alcoholic drink with a glass of water
- Drink one or two glasses of water before you go to bed and when you wake up
- Eat a good meal before drinking